Sunday, March 20, 2011

A PH Balanced Tampon

RePhresh has a new product out! A tampon that claims to balance your PH levles while on your period. To me this seems too good to be true and might be considering that only 25 women were tested for it's claims. For those of us suffering from BV it could be a good product if it works. During your period your PH level becomes very high and is out of the normal 3.5 to 4.5 range. This makes for perfect conditions for BV to form (bad bacteria attributed to out of whack PH levels). I found a great link that talked more about the product and claims HERE.

I persaonlly haven't tried the product yet but stumbled upon it at Bed Bath & Beyond in the beauty section. At the current moment I am trying all natrual cotton tampons without chemicals and whiteners (I never knew about chlorine being in tampons and pads, which could be another culprit of BV and yeast infections). We will see how it goes. I am a big fan of RePhresh's other prdoucts like Pro B and the PH gel. If you have tried the product and had good results let us know. I might break down and give it a try if my use of all natural cotton products doesn't work. I haven't had a bought of BV since I last wrote, but always worry that it will come back. I have my PH test kit ready for whenever I feel like it might be coming on. I leave you with the video advertisement of the product, till next time ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment